The financial planning industry is aging. According to global research firm Cerulli Associates, 43% of financial advisers are over age 55 and the
average age of advisers is currently 50.9 years.
Because of this statistic, and because we love the financial planning industry, Bourke Wealth Management sponsors a scholarship through the Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation.
The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara requires that applicants meet our basic eligibility requirements, which are:
- Applicants must have attended at least four of the six secondary grade school years at a Santa Barbara County school and have graduated or will graduate from a Santa Barbara County high school.
- Applicants must be planning to attend full-time at an approved 2-year college, 4-year college, vocational school, or graduate/medical school.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent legal residents, or AB 540 eligible.
- Applicants must complete our online application and submit all of the required supporting materials by the January deadline.
To receive the Bourke Wealth Management Scholarship, applicants must also:
- Indicate on our online application an interest in becoming a Certified Financial Planner™.
- Attend or have attended a high school in southern Santa Barbara County (Carpinteria to Gaviota).
- Have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher in high school or in their college career so far.
- Be majoring in finance, economics, or business/business administration.
- Demonstrate financial need.