LPL Financial is one of the leading financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer in the nation.* For more than four decades, the firm has served as an enabling partner, supporting financial advisors in their goals of protecting and growing their clients’ wealth. A chief objective of LPL Financial is to reduce the complexity of running a financial services practice so advisors can focus on what they do best – help their clients attain their financial goals and fulfill their dreams.
With headquarters on both coasts, LPL Financial supports financial advisors in helping their clients by offering a robust mix of services and tools such as:
- Enabling technology
- Comprehensive clearing and compliance services
- Practice management programs and training
- Independent research
LPL Financial understands that providing Americans with objective investment advice is critical to their financial security. Because the firm has no proprietary products to sell, LPL Financial advisors can provide truly objective advice and investment recommendations.
Thousands of financial advisors nationwide rely on LPL Financial to help meet their clients’ financial needs. They do so by using the firm’s tools and resources that help them discover their clients’ priorities, dreams, and passions; analyze and develop financial plans that support every stage of their clients’ lives; and make product recommendations that put clients on the path to pursuing their goals.
Some facts about LPL Financial:
- Serves $478.7 billion in advisory and brokerage assets (as of December 31, 2015)
- Largest independent broker/dealer since 1996 (based on total revenues, Financial Planning Magazine, June 1996-2015)
- Independent consultant to over an estimated 40,000 retirement plans with an estimated $115 billion in retirement assets served (as of September 30, 2015)
- One of the fastest growing RIA custodians with $91 billion in retail assets served (as of December 31, 2014)
- Provides proprietary technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and trading, and independent research to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and over 700 banks and credit unions
- Supports approximately 4,400 financial advisors licensed with insurance companies by providing customized clearing, advisory platforms, and technology solutions
- LPL Financial and its affiliates have 3,413 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego
For more information about LPL Financial, visit www.lpl.com